88% of consumers more likely to buy a Superbrand product or service
Over 1,500 consumers across Hong Kong have spoken. Out of over 1,000 brands in Hong Kong, 7-Eleven is Hong Kong\’s favourite brand. Following closely behind are Yahoo, Visa and Ocean Park. The independent research was undertaken by BDRC Asia in October 2012 and asked consumers aged 18-55 to vote for their favourite brands across more than 100 consumer product and service categories including banking, fashion, hotels, airlines, restaurants and electronics. The top ten brand list is compiled from the total number of individual votes across all the categories. The findings were revealed today at an event in Hong Kong by Superbrands, the world\’s leading international brand marketing and promotional programme.
Hong Kong\’s top ten 2013 Superbrands are:
- Ocean Park
- Tai Koo
- Lion & Globe
Superbrands is the most recognised brand awards in Hong Kong – more than half of the consumers surveyed stated that they had seen the Superbrands logo. BDRC\’s research also gauged consumers\’ awareness of the Superbrands programme:
- Nearly 60% of consumers agree that the logo is a statement that the product and service must have a good reputation.
- 88% of consumers state that they would be more likely to buy a product or service if they saw it as a Superbrand.
- 76% are more likely to pay a price premium for products and services with a Superbrands logo.
- 82% of consumers would be more likely to try a new product or service if it was a Superbrand.
- 77% of consumers stating that they would be more likely to recommend a product or service with a Superbrands logo.
Mark Pointer, CEO of Superbrands Hong Kong says: \”Congratulations to all of Hong Kong\’s Superbrands. Being deemed a Superbrand means you have a great reputation in Hong Kong and that consumers trust you. Trust is everything. Consumers who trust your products and services have confidence in them, which means that they will buy more and more and return again and again. Marketing expert and author Seth Godin once said that \’the most trusted brands are the most profitable\’ so being a Superbrand is an amazing accolade indeed.\”
Brands participating in Hong Kong Superbrands can now apply the 2013 Superbrands logo to their marketing materials to showcase that they are a brand with an excellent reputation.